I have to share this recipe with you. This is a simple but very tasty pasta dish that will impress your taste buds. My friend Alix shared this recipe with me and it is now my favorit!
- 1 cup (250 ml) good quality olive oil
- 2 bird’s eye chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 5-6 garlic cloves garlic, crushed or chopped thinly
- 500 g spaghetti (Barilla no 3 is my favorit choice)
- 100 g prosciutto
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
Pour the oil into a small saucepan with the chilli and garlic. Slowly heat the oil over low heat for about 12 minutes to infuse the oil with the garlic and chilli. Don’t allow the oil to reach smoking point or the garlic will burn and taste bitter.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. drain well and return to the pan to keep warm.
Cook the prosciutto under a hot grill for 2 minutes each side, or until crispy. Cool and break or cut into pieces.
Pour the hot oil mixture over the spaghetti and toss well with the fresh herbs, the prosciutto and add the parmesan. Fresh pepper at the end. No salt needed.
Simple but so tasty!
Bon appétit !